Boat hire manuals.
Life in the slow lane.
Not many people know this, but Tony and Vickie work from their office aboard a 61ft narrowboat The Watchman, travelling extensively on the UK’s inland waterways network. As working environments go it’s hard to beat, especially during the spring and summer when the canal is teeming with ducklings and cygnets.
We’ve made friends with boat folk up and down the country, but we tend to call the Leeds and Liverpool Canal around Skipton our home patch. It’s prime hire-boat territory, with some of the UK’s most breathtaking scenery as the canal winds through the Pennines.
We were delighted to be commissioned to produce user manuals for two hire-boat fleets on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, especially since Tony got a chance to use one of his all-time favourite words – gongoozler.
Our clients regularly receive fabulous feedback about the manuals and tell us that they’re an enormously useful and profitable asset. Here are just some of their comments:
- They enhance the company’s professional appeal
- They’re a useful asset which the company sends to hirers before their holiday begins
- They make the hire company’s pre-cruise tuition easier to remember
- They help hirers understand the boat and avoid problems
- They make hirers more comfortable and confident
- They greatly reduce costly and time-consuming phone calls and call outs
- They generate great feedback from hirers
- They generate referrals from happy customers
Satisfied customers all round then!